Sunday 15 April 2012

Fonts for my Hip Hop Magazine Masthead




Fonts 



During the development stage I thought of some possible mastheads for my Hip Hop  magazine, then I used fontspace.com and the fonts on adobe Photoshop and asked during a focus group which masthead was preferred. During the focus group the feedback I recieved was to use Vybz as my masthead. I knew the font of the masthead had to be sans serif , so that it could be noticed from afar. However I liked the edginess of intertwining sans serif and serif, so I experimented and took a risk using a lower-case 'y' and making it a different font to the rest of the masthead which I used Impact Bold.

My final version of the masthead for my music magazine is:


This masthead is perfect for my genre choice because it ties in well with the conventions of the hip hop genre as well standing out and establishing to the audience what the name of the magazine is called.

No comments:

Post a Comment