Thursday 26 April 2012

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I feel that looking back from my Preliminary task i have improved on my use of Adobe Indesign. 

I first did a Preliminary task, which was to create a magazine for my school sixth form, which is Trinity School. It was quite a simple task for me because it wasn't meant to be as perfect as my final product would have to be, but I still did try my best and did as much as I can to make it look professional as possible. I learnt how to play around with the colours, gradient, fonts and blending options to give my first magazine a good look and suitable for school.



This is my front cover of final project compared with the front cover of the preliminary task. They are both very different as you can tell...




The colour choice is different, as well as the way I have presented both of the front is hugely different. The school magazine looks amateur compared to my music magazine.


Here are the Contents pages for my music magazine and my school magazine...


 The contents page for the preliminary task wasn't delivered as well as my music magazine and the layout was just too simple and not eye-catching compared to the music magazine which I spent a lot of time developing.


Time management was very hard during to stick to during this project as I had so much to do. The preliminary was quite rushed and at the end i wasn't happy with my outcome so I made sure that my final product I was ready and prepared for the challenge. In the main task, I spent a lot of time researching and planning, this helped me to achieve a fair better outcome than I felt after my preliminary task, where as the preliminary I had around a week to take photos and do research. 

To conclude, the outcomes of the final project task was much more appealing than the preliminary, which I think showed a big improvement in design, and also showed my progress of how I adapted to Adobe InDesign which at the start of the year was a new software for me. I know feel that if I was given the same task again to complete in the same amount of time, it would be better as I would have the skills and research to back me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment