Thursday 26 April 2012

Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?



To attract my target audience, I considered many things which I think would benefit my research into why the desired audience would buy my magazine. This includes the magazine genre, the aesthetics of the magazine (house style), the way it connects with the audience, what the content features and how much each copy of the magazine will cost. I will explain how the following features of my magazine attracts my target audience.

GENRE

The genre of my magazine is Urban, which is mainly focusing on targeting the rap and hip-hop lovers of the UK. The magazine includes artists who are in the Urban scene and also involves what kind of activity/news is going on in that particular part of the music industry. The Urban music industry mainly attracts the younger generation of the United Kingdom, ranging from the ages of 16(where teenagers start to consider and choose what kind of music culture they want to fit into) all the way to 22 years old.

HOUSE STYLE

The overall aesthetics of the magazine is a main attraction to anyone buying the magazine, because I want my magazine to be aesthetically pleasing, the presentation of a magazine is the most important into attracting all audiences before the target audience. The front cover I did features an edited photo of a well dressed male posing for an Urban magazine, big text size and good font choice which will make it easier for the reader to understand and see what exactly they are going to buy, and also the colour theme which corresponds to the 'mise en scene' of the model on the front cover, which will be eye catching for the audience as everything is laid out evenly and attractively.

LANGUAGE

The language my magazine features is informal yet mostly understandable by most readers, especially the young generation. It also involves a lot of American and UK slang words which are related to Hip-Hop. There are a lot of different language techniques of different words and sentences in this magazine, but one thing that it has in common is that it is all related to hip-hop and the Urban scene, so therefore that particular desired audience will understand, which is the main thing.


CONTENT

The content in my magazine is one of the most important aspects that will keep my audience glued to the magazine. My content includes interviews, gossip, gigs, concerts and competitions that are all related to the Urban genre, which will satisfy the desired target audience. The contents page features everything that will please a reader of the magazine, it has pictures and artists that will be eye-catching for the reader to look out for. The double page spread also has the artist on the front cover which will be one of the main reasons the target audience will buy the magazine, because of what they see on the front cover so that is something to keep them attached to future editions. 


PRICE

The price is one of the most important factors of my magazine as it will decide whether it is worth buying the magazine. My price for my magazine is £3.99, I believe this is a reasonable price for a monthly magazine, because it features around 80 pages of music related topics and is out once a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment